Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Fitness Coach

+8
minidinosaur
Oceanrun
Steph
FitMonkey
KeithA39
SmokeoneFTW
Nightlight
Natalee
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty My Fitness Coach

Post  Natalee Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:04 pm

I have read some decent reviews about this game and I think I am going to order it soon. This game does not work with the Wii Fit board.

My Fitness Coach Myfitnesscoachimg

Maya the trainer will guide you through dynamic workouts featuring close to 500 unique exercises - this ensures that no two workouts are ever the same. Choose your music, your mood, areas you want to focus on and Maya will take care of the rest.

* Fitness goals and workout calendar: decide if your fitness goal is weight loss, upper body strength, lower body strength, core body strength, cardio fitness, or flexibility. Then choose the length of your program and establish how often you plan to workout.
* Training sessions with over 500 unique exercises featuring Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Cardio fitness, Strength Training, Flexibility, and Weight Loss Routine.
* Tutorials: during the workout you can pause the action and watch the model demonstrate exactly how a move is done correctly.
* Settings: 9 different workout environments and 4 types of music (Hip Hop, 80's, Latin and Dance).

Taken from Nintendo

Read the reviews at Amazon
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty Re: My Fitness Coach

Post  Nightlight Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:20 pm

I've had this game for almost two weeks and giving it a go every day for five days, 15mins each time just for now, it's seems to be working because after the first few days my legs were killing me.

For weight loss we will have to see, I'm also doing steps for 20mins, So I'll keep you updating on how it go, but yes you should get it, it a better workout then just using the Wii fit.
Nightlight
Nightlight
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-03

http://weightinpounds.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty Better than Wii Fit IN most ways for SURE.

Post  SmokeoneFTW Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 pm

I just received this game yesterday & I like to so far. I think It's WAY better than Wii Fit.

It was late @ night when I got It...so i only worked out on It for 15 minutes..but In that 15 minutes, I sweated WAY more than I ever did on Wii Fit.

It doesnt use the balance board which Is a little disappointing..but the excercising Is great.

I knew in advance that this game uses some equipment(weights,heart-rate monitor,excercise ball,and steps) so I went out and bought some. I was only able to find a excercise ball and some weights.

oh! And this game will have you set-up a profile of yourself were It will ask you how big your arms,hips,things,etc are...so make sure you have a measuring tape.

The excercising is NON-stop let me tell ya. You WILL get about 20 seconds or so sometimes...so dont get scarred. lol

You start out w/ a 5 minute warm-up to get your blood flowing,and then on to the real deal.

The trainer highlights on what workout areas she thinks you need & you can either select It or choose something else If you want.

Sofar..I havent found anything to repetitive which Is great. With the wii-fit you do what you want when you want & It's always the same..this Is obviously different.

I'll post more of my opinions as I play more as I just got this yesterday.

1 thing I didnt like...they dont recommend how many pounds of handweight to use. When I was @ the store..there selection was limited. I picked up a 8 lbs weight & found that it was light...the next step up was 20lbs..so I got 2 of those..and now my arms are sore xD

All In all I like this WAY better than the Wii Fit. I'll probably use the wii fit to mainly weight myself and do a couple of the things In there..but I'll I'll be using My Fitness Coach overall.

SmokeoneFTW
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalee Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Ok, well your review just made me order the game. Thanks! I have all of the equipment except the heart-rate monitor, I'll just order one of those online today too. I have 3 lb arm weights and 5 lb ankle weights. I think that will probably be enough. I don't want to be all big and burly, just slimmed down with some decent tone.

Thanks again!
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Agreed,

I posted in another thread that I was going to wait a couple of weeks to open My Fitness Coach. Now, I'm thinking this weekend. LOL
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Wii My Fitness Coach blows Wii Fit out of the water. I highly recommend it.

I started my exercise program September 08, inluding treadmill (cardio), weight training (upper body), and Wii Fit. (all stuff at home)

Wii Fit became my lower body and abs workout. I also used it for yoga, which I had never done before but I like now. It also became my scale.

I never used it for cardio. Perhaps because I had an alternative with the treadmill. But mainly because I didn't enjoy running in place or punching a virtual punching bag.

Then Wii My Fitness Coach came along and I picked it up around Christmas 08. It's awesome. I've only ran twice since then (last night was the second), and used the Wii Fit twice also (last time was about 2 weeks ago). Wii Fit was getting really stale and boring.

One could use MFC for everything I guess (cardio, weight training, etc), but I still have been doing seperate upper body weight training once a week and other stuff once in a while.

Now that it's been over a month with MFC, the love affair (or excitement) is starting to finally wear off a little, and I plan on incorporating more variety in exercizing so that I don't completely burn out on MFC. I am trying to prevent burnout because I really do love this "game" and what it offers.

I'm just a normal guy, and I never EVER thought I'd do aerobics. I thought only women and weenies did them. Maya kicked my butt the first time I did it and I was sold. Plus I can do it in the privacy of my home to avoid any embarrassment. Laughing (my rythm isn't so hot. It's getting better now) Fortunately, I'm past any embarrassment now. I guess that makes me a weenie too. Cool

It really is tough (a good tough). The designers of this game (actually the original is Yourself!Fitness, or Y!F) did an excellent job with it. Because the aerobics make you use your whole body and do cardio at the same time, I've been using it as cardio instead of running. I feel it's a better workout.

Of course, I had to purchase a step and a fitness ball in addition. They're not required but help mix it up and make it more enjoyable (I already had hand weights). So, one of the downsides is that it actually winds up costing more than the Wii Fit, but well worth it IMO.

Lordy, this is longer than I thought.

And no, I'm not a shill. I really love this game. Smile I'll post some of the downsides when I get the chance.

p.s., thanks for this board. I've been looking for something like this!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty Great reviews!

Post  Steph Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Fit Monkey.... really good review! Very Happy

I'm going to order this and hope it's not too much for me. I have been a couch potato for several years and managed to pack on 50 pounds. So, it's not just the weight, I'm really worried about just how out of shape I am, another reason I'm avoiding the gym for now.

I found my ball and yoga mat buried in the closet but I can't find my hand weights so I'll order some. I've never owned a step can anyone suggest one or are they all created equal???
Steph
Steph
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

Steph wrote:Fit Monkey.... really good review! Very Happy

I'm going to order this and hope it's not too much for me. I have been a couch potato for several years and managed to pack on 50 pounds. So, it's not just the weight, I'm really worried about just how out of shape I am, another reason I'm avoiding the gym for now.

I found my ball and yoga mat buried in the closet but I can't find my hand weights so I'll order some. I've never owned a step can anyone suggest one or are they all created equal???

Thanks!

As far as steps, I got this one on sale from target (it was about $30 after Christmas):

http://www.target.com/Reebok-5-Position-Step-Deck/dp/B000VSYJ44

The thing I like about it is the 1 inch increments. The downside is the deck is really small. I've kinda gotten used to it, but it's' still small. Really, any old step will work just fine and the traditional steps are normally bigger.

One thing I should mention about MFC (one of the downsides) is that you need space to do the exercises. Some of the exercises have you moving toward the tv and back, and others have you moving side to side. One could just change directions if needed (front back moves could be done side to side with tv on the right or left).

Vertical space is also needed since your hands are in the air a lot. Add that to when you're on the step, and that's about how much ceiling height you'll need. I could never do this in my basement. I'd hit my head on the ceiling tiles when on the step. Oh, and watch out for ceiling fans! rabbit

Good luck, you'll enjoy it!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Well, I opened My Fitness Coach today.

Setting up the profile, I discovered how FAR I need to go in certain areas to be fit and trim. I am so out of shape, I deserve pity. Embarassed

After setting up the profile, I did the 30 minute cardio and, man, was I pooped. Asked for easier the next time around. On Wii Fit, I wasn't as exhausted last night even though I did 45 minutes, including 27 minutes of running in place.

Now, here's the thing: After a rest, I want to get back to My Fitness Coach. I just felt better walking around. I've had that feeling with Wii Fit as well, but I like the variety that My Fitness Coach adds. Really, very different experiences, with Wii Fit kind of a kinder, gentler exercise buddy and My Fitness Coach more the down to business taskmaster.

Both have their place, in my opinion, but I do feel My Fitness Coach can reach further, whereas Wii Fit can make the journey more enjoyable and still yield very positive results (depending on one's starting point).
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Wanted to add that I hope to use Wii Fit three days a week, My Fitness Coach three days a week for cardio, flexibility, and core exercises, spin cycle one day a week (a short workout that is aimed at the quads and includes a lot of squats off the spin cycle), and free weights/perfect push-ups (the push-up gadget on the infomercial) three times a week.

If I do all of this (crosses fingers), I really expect to see big improvements.

To be perfectly blunt, I honestly don't think I'd be heading in that direction without Wii Fit. It got me going and has enough variety to keep me at it. I will always love what Nintendo has done with its innovative, interactive design in Wii.

Really, when I think into the future one year, it is an entirely different me that I project with Wii than without...like a 40 pound lighter one that will be able to dance circles around the other one.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:16 pm

KeithA39 wrote:
To be perfectly blunt, I honestly don't think I'd be heading in that direction without Wii Fit. It got me going and has enough variety to keep me at it. I will always love what Nintendo has done with its innovative, interactive design in Wii.

I agree. It's neat how they make me subtly accountable to these virtual trainers in these games. I've had lots of false starts over the last few years (thus why I have all the dumbells and treadmill). But now if you don't show up when you're supposed to they'll say something like "Oh, you must have been busy yesterday."

Likewise, with MFC, you schedule the days you are going to exercise on. So at the end of a session, Maya will even say something like, "See you on Sunday".

For some reason it helps. Every little bit helps.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:33 pm

I've been wondering about your dumbbells, FitMonkey.

I recall reading you had up to 70 pound dumbbells. Is that correct? If so, wow!!!

I got dumbbells up to 40 pounds when I injured my shoulder to avoid losing all my arm muscle, but I still only do things like curl reps with 30 pound weights.

I applaud you. I truly can't imagine maneuvering those 70 pound beasts. I was in Sport Authority yesterday to get a step platform, took a stroll over to the hand weights, saw the 70 pounders and felt like they would attack me if I even approached them. Laughing

By the way, I ended up ordering a step platform online. They only had one at Sport Authority and Target was all out of the one mentioned earlier. Cost a lot more ($85), but supposedly a really good one.

I'll link it in a minute.

Last edited by KeithA39 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Here's the link.. At least, they had free shipping, unlike Ebay, where they're changing an arm and a leg.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:33 pm

KeithA39 wrote:I've been wondering about your dumbbells, FitMonkey.

I recall reading you had up to 70 pound dumbbells. Is that correct? If so, wow!!!

I got dumbbells up to 40 pounds when I injured my shoulder to avoid losing all my arm muscle, but I still only do things like curl reps with 30 pound weights.

I applaud you. I truly can't imagine maneuvering those 70 pound beasts. I was in Sport Authority yesterday to get a step platform, took a stroll over to the hand weights, saw the 70 pounders and felt like they would attack me if I even approached them. Laughing

hehe Laughing

Back in the day I had a gym membership and weight trained quite a bit. Since I quit my gym membership and got fat overweight over the past years, I've tried several times to get back in shape. During one of those short lived episodes, I figured I could do it at home cheaper than a gym membership and bought a bench and all the dumbells I currently have. Of course, it's only cheaper when you actually use them! Finally though, since last fall when I got the Wii Fit, I've been able to use them consistently.

And yeah, the 70 pounders do attack occasionally. There's no good place to store them, so they've been known to attack a toe or two if we wander too close without seeing them on the floor! Very Happy
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:37 pm

KeithA39 wrote:Here's the link.. At least, they had free shipping, unlike Ebay, where they're changing an arm and a leg.

looks nice! It looks like it's rated to 250 lbs, so it should be nice and sturdy.

Our step is a Reebok too, so yours should come with a DVD (perhaps the same one). My wife did the DVD once (beginner level) and enjoyed it. I hope to try it too someday soon.

Let us know how you like it!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Will do.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty Step

Post  Steph Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 pm

I just ordered My Fitness Coach from Amazon :-)

Also, a friend who takes step classes at a gym told me where to buy the same step. Nice and wide @ 40". Available online at many places but I put my order in at Walmart.com and had them ship it to my local store so I could save the shipping costs.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2590792
Steph
Steph
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:47 am

Steph wrote:I just ordered My Fitness Coach from Amazon :-)

Also, a friend who takes step classes at a gym told me where to buy the same step. Nice and wide @ 40". Available online at many places but I put my order in at Walmart.com and had them ship it to my local store so I could save the shipping costs.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2590792

Alright! Maya's tough, but you'll like her.

I'm getting jealous of you folks and your big steps! Smile
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Well, I have FitMonkey dumbbell envy, so there. Laughing

Seriously, Steph's step platform might be the best out there from what I've read, so good going Steph!!!

What I'm really enjoying is seeing how people really are expanding their fitness routines at this site.

So, a great big congratulations to all and a big pat on the back to those that open our eyes to new avenues to achieve our end games.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty Quick Coach

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:54 am

I brought this home yesterday and both me and my wife have had a brisk time of it. I think the pace is too quick. I like the bustin my ass part of it, and if your not ready it will bust your ass. Even at the low level it is high intensity. But stick with it, you will get bored one day and think this is nothin. And you will be right. Stretch beyond it. Run right on by it, but do it. This is a necessity alongside Wii Fit. Anyone who thinks they will be better off because they are active with Fit will be further better off with Coach. Don't hesitate, bring it home and sweat. I do want to say that the pace should be IGNORED until you are ready to match it. Yoga is not a workout, the pace is wrong, this is not Good Yoga, but the rest is good muscle burn, do it! Then go out and run all afternoon. 4 hours in soft sand I dare ya!
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 am

I started my fitness coach abt 2 week ago. for days, my arms and thighs were sore but i force myself to go thru it and i felt better after that. but.. i am guilty of not being on it for the last 3 days.Sad anyway, i got a feeling that my fitness coach will work but it isnt easy. i sweat like mad and just burned 27 calories as stated by them. need to work harder i guess.

oh.. does anyone know how to open up the recipes part? i read that there is actually a portion where they teach you on meals as well but i dun see it anywhere in the game. thanks!
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Oceanrun wrote:I brought this home yesterday and both me and my wife have had a brisk time of it. I think the pace is too quick.

Yeah, it's really fast paced, but you get more familiar with the exercises and the pace after a couple of sessions. At the beginning I kept yelling at the tv, "Slow down, Maya!!!" Very Happy
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:34 pm

minidinosaur wrote:I started my fitness coach abt 2 week ago. for days, my arms and thighs were sore but i force myself to go thru it and i felt better after that. but.. i am guilty of not being on it for the last 3 days.Sad anyway, i got a feeling that my fitness coach will work but it isnt easy. i sweat like mad and just burned 27 calories as stated by them. need to work harder i guess.

Yes, I'm usually drenched in sweat after a MFC workout too. I guess that means it's working. Very Happy

I'm a little perplexed on the 27 calories. That seems pretty low. The only thing I can think is that perhaps you did a 15 minute workout with something other than cardio as the focus for the session? When cardio is the focus, the cardio portion of the workout is generally about 75% of the time, with 25% of other stuff at the end. With something else as the focus (like core or streching), the cardio warm-up is generally about 1/3 of the time with the other 2/3 spent on the focus.

oh.. does anyone know how to open up the recipes part? i read that there is actually a portion where they teach you on meals as well but i dun see it anywhere in the game. thanks!

From what I understand, MFC does not have the recipies part. MFC was ported from Yourself ! Fitness (Y!F) which did include that stuff, but I don't think the Wii version of MFC has that part.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach Empty Yelling at a TV

Post  Oceanrun Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:11 am

FitMonkey I am right there with you. I am constantly talking. I am turning into such a smart-ass about every little thing she says. I gotta back-off
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 am

thanks fitmonkey for your ans! i get it how. will try to do more cardio.Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur