Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements

2 posters

Go down

My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements Empty My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements

Post  Lady Gryphon Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:28 pm

FitMonkey you can ignore this question even though it's about you favorite "game" because I don't think you can help me on this one. Smile

To the women members of the forum:
I was setting up my profile for My Fitness Coach the other day and it was asking me to take several different measurements of my body. Okay, fine. I got a little confused when we got to the chest measurement though. I wasn't sure if I should measure across my chest (like I would for shirt or cup size) or underneath (like for band size)? The little figure in the corner of the screen wasn't very much help since it wasn't very well endowed so I wasn't exactly sure where to measure. I ended up measuring across but I think I can change it if needed.

Or does it even matter and as long as I measure the same way each time I need to do the fitness test that is what matters? It will just note any changes?

Thanks!
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements Empty Re: My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements

Post  dee Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi,

I don't think it really matters. When you loose weight, your breast volume (which also includes fat tissue) may decrease and so your measurements may decrease. However, when you gain muscle while training your upper body and core, the chest muscles underneath the breast tissue will cause an increase in measurement. Considering the fact that women do not get buff easily, quickly and certainly not without taking supplements, the chance of the latter happening is small.

I measure the across the chest, but to me, this measurement is not really interesting to be honest. And yes, the game merely looks at increase or decrease in inches and, as far as I know, does not really draw conclusions from the measurements.

dee
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements Empty Re: My Fitness Coach profile question - women's measurements

Post  Lady Gryphon Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 pm

You know, it's been so long I almost forgot I posted this. Smile

Yeah, I kind of came to the same conclusion. As long as I measure consistently for all my measurements that's what really matters. It seems like it tracks all the data gathered from the physical evaluation in graphs you can look at which is pretty cool. You can then see your changes over time.
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down