Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach

5 posters

Go down

Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach Empty Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 pm

For all of you that have Wii My Fitness Coach, can you do the proper form when doing the exercises with a Plie?

Granted, I'm about as flexible as a block of concrete, but I can't get anywhere close to doing a plie like Maya does them on screen. If my legs are as far apart as they should be, I can't get down very far. In order to bend my knees enough, I have to put legs a lot closer together. As a result, my plies just wind up looking like regular old squats.

Can you do them?
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach Empty plies

Post  prism68 Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:09 pm

I used to be able to do these, but now (post-40 years, apparently!) I can't do them either. I keep falling when I try to get in her position. I've decided if it DOES turn out to be squats, that's better than nothing, lol. I DO try to put more emphasis on my inner thigh muscles to make it more 'plie-ish' Smile
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach Empty doint the plies

Post  dancerpeg Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 am

I can do them but man does my inner thigh hurt for days afterwards. My thing is that I when out to buy the balance ball and I have not used it yet with her.
Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach Empty Re: Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach

Post  dee Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi,

I'd say either do regular squats (butt sticking out as if you're to sit down) OR the plie (butt and belly tucked in, back straight).. Combining the two is a recipe for injuries, imho.

dee
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach Empty Re: Difficulty with Plie Moves on My Fitness Coach

Post  MansfieldBuckeye Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:23 pm

I have done them with what I would say is pretty good form and they burn for days, but I am hoping they get easier as I go along. I would probably say to try to do them as close as possible in technique, and each time it should be easier.

MansfieldBuckeye
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down