Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nat's Intro

+8
andrzoo3
Oceanrun
FitMonkey
KeithA39
MansfieldBuckeye
dancerpeg
LisaB
Natalee
12 posters

Go down

Nat's Intro Empty Nat's Intro

Post  Natalee Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi,

I'm writing to myself since nobody but me is a member yet. Let me give you a little information about myself. I am 28 years old. I am a full time nursing student and I have 3 cats. This is the first time I have ever had a website, so all of this is a little new to me, but I'm a quick learner!

Why did I decided to start WiiFitForums? My best friend received a Wii Fit for Christmas and I instantly knew I had to have one. After a week of playing hers everyday I had lost 11 lbs! Awesome! I soon realized that she is very competitive and I don't think she really wanted me to use hers. Which is totally fine I understand that, so I bought my own. It will be here next week sometime. I searched the internet looking for a Wii Fit Forum of some sort, but none I came across felt like a community dedicated to health and fitness using the Wii.

I hope to make this a great forum.

XOXO

Last edited by Natalee on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nat's Intro Empty Re: Nat's Intro

Post  LisaB Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Nat! Congrats on your Wii Fit website. My name is Lisa & I have been addicted to the Wii Fit since I got it in Sept. I am soon to 43 years old, been married for 21 years and have 1 teenage son. I was a member at Curves for 4 years and was becoming burned out on it & then I heard about the Wii Fit. Soon after getting the Wii Fit, I quit Curves & was using the Wii Fit on average 6 days a week. That has slowed down to 3 days a week of intense workouts (one hour fit credits from yoga, strength & aerobics only, no balance games) plus 1 or 2 other days of maybe 1/2 hour fit credits (light exercise & balance games). Unfortunately I don't have a success story yet, I've only lost about 2 pounds, but I wasn't overweight to begin with. My BMI is at the very top of the normal range, but I sure would like to be able to lose 10 pounds. I have a good reason for not having much success: I like to eat!! So really I'm content if I'm not gaining weight at my age. Anyway, that's enough about me. I wish you much success with the site Nat.
LisaB
LisaB
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Nat's Intro Empty Hi Nat!

Post  dancerpeg Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:25 pm

Hey Thanks for making this website. I just got my WIIFIT yesterday and I'm already addicted to it.
I'm 42 yr old. I have 3 teenage boys and been married for 20 years. I have already lost 40 lbs without exercising but it took me 2 years to lose that. So I hope to give encouragment and receive encouragment from people that have lost weight or need to lose weight. Because that's why I bought my WIIFIT for. Thanks again. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post  MansfieldBuckeye Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:34 am

Hi! I think this is a good idea. I just received my WiiFit for my 39th birthday last week. I really like it, although I am still trying to get an idea how I want to use it for my fitness routine. I have tried many of the items on the game, but haven't really established a workout routine. I figure on the next generation they will probably establish customized recommendations for workouts on different days which I would like to have seen in this edition. One thing that I have noticed is it will give ideas for combining yoga moves but don't know how to do it. Does anyone else know?

MansfieldBuckeye
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaB Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi Mansfield. I'm going to answer your question about "combining" exercises/poses, but if you don't mind I'm going to post it under Tips & tricks, so that we don't get off topic here in the Intro page.
LisaB
LisaB
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 pm

Hiya all!!!
I gave my wife a Wii/Wii Fit for Christmas, but me and the kids are using it most. I'm 57 and, just a couple of years ago, was really fit, but following a cycling accident (two cracked ribs) and a shoulder injury (rotator cuff), I was pretty thrown off my program. Started doing dumbbell type weight stuff and some elliptical and spin cycling a few months ago, but was bored, hence my involvement in Wii Fit. Have ordered My Fitness Coach as another piece of variety.

But, I have to lose all that weight and get back into shape. Evil or Very Mad

And I love Wii Fit!!! I love you

My first visit to this forum (saw it mentioned over at Amazon) and want to say thanks for creating it. cheers What a cool idea!!!
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalee Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:05 pm

YAY! I am so glad you guys found me! lol! I was a little afraid nobody ever would. I was holding out hope that someone else would think this was a good idea too.

Lisa, that is great! Not gaining and maintaining a weight is the hardest part. I had thought about joining Curves, but I knew I wouldn't make the commitment to actually go. I had a membership to a gym that was open 24 hours a day and I went a total of 6 times in a year. That was money well spent.

Peg, congrats on the weight loss that is awesome! You came to the right place, its all about support and encouragement here. I am so glad you joined!

Mansfield, I agree. I wish the exercises were a little longer...or structured as a continuous workout. Hopefully the next generation will improve in that area. I heard there is going to be a Gold's Gym Workout for the Wii, not sure of a release date tho. I am really hoping they get some more games out on the market and soon!

Keith, I am sorry to about your accident. You can do it! LOL yay, I'm glad you found us! Let me know how you like the My Fitness Coach.
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks for the boards. Great Idea!

I got the Wii Fit in Sept. 08 and got hooked on the concept of "exergaming". Why can't I ever think of this stuff??!

I also got Wii My Finess Coach around Christmas.

I like to do other stuff too, all at home. I have a treadmill, a bench with almost a full set of hand weights (up to 70 lbs. each ( ~ 32 kg for our international friends), and some workout DVD's that came with my step and fitness ball (haven't done those yet - a static dvd kind of defeats the purpose of exergaming)

I've lost about 20 lbs (9kg) since last Sept., and hope to lose about 10 more. Wii Fit called me Obese. Talk about a wake up call!!! Crying or Very sad
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Nat's Intro Empty Hi Nat

Post  Oceanrun Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for the website. Big hugs all around for everyone. One of my brothers got a wii for his family this past Christmas, I was there visiting and played the crap out it. When I got home I bought one for my wife Karen and I. We have used Fit for 39 days and just brought in My Fitness Coach yesterday. My shoulders are sore. I used to be supremely fit years ago and have reached 235 recently, going down to 185 then look around at my needs. I am so glad to have found this site. Thank you many times over, this is a tough project and this site can be a great help with good people. Thanks to all, Brian
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Nat's Intro Empty Hi from Andy

Post  andrzoo3 Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:24 am

I went to a friends house today and played the Wii Fit for the first time we had a blast playing it! Their were 6 people that played it and although I was upset that it said my BMI was borderline obese, and that I was 11 years older than my actual age (I'm late 30's). I however am proud to say that as out of shape as I am, I still beat the kids at a few of the games! Wink (And I know that they will have a ton of fun beating my high scores LOL!) Being able to not only smile (laugh my a.. off) but have a blast with my teenager, and get off my B..., that was literally the best time that I've had for months. (I'm currently going through a pretty nasty divorce and have the extra pounds to prove it!)
Thanks for the forum, and I don't care what some of those hardcore exercisers at Amazon say I loved the Wii Fit and can't wait to get one of my own!
My current fitness goal is to loose @45 lbs. But as long as I'm getting stronger and healthier I don't plan on 'sweating' the numbers too much! LOL

andrzoo3
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 am

Welcome to the forum, andrzoo3.

Happy that you discovered the world of Wii Fit. Good to have you aboard.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Gryphon Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:26 am

I found the link to this forum on the amazon.com web site. I thought it was a great idea so I came around to see what it was all about. Smile I don't actually have Wii Fit yet, I just ordered it from amazon yesterday so I should be getting it within the week.

Even though I'm not overweight, I've always been a bit of a couch potato. Since I'm going to be 30 this year I wanted to start getting a little more active and start making good habits now so hopefully I won't gain weight as I get older.

I've had the Wii for awhile now, but I've been hesitant to get Wii Fit for several different reasons. One of which was that it's been a little hard to find. Smile I also wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep with it. I tend to get bored very easily and I've tried a few other things to get in shape. I'm usually good for a couple weeks, but after that I tend to find excuses to not exercise or there's always something else more interesting.

I just got the dancing game Helix from WiiWare a couple weeks ago and I'm finding it very fun. I'm also seeing that it gets me up and sweating and a little out of breath. I'm still having fun with it so I think I can keep with it for quite a while yet. However, I can't play it everyday because it is very upper body intensive. I need my day of rest in between. I've organized my schedule so now I have time to play it, but on my "off" days I'm a little bit at a loss to do with myself since I can't play it. I decided Wii Fit was a great way to fill in that gap so that I'll be doing at least some form of exercise almost every day.

Well, that's my long intro. Smile Thanks for creating the forum!
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:40 am

Hey, welcome to the forum, Lady Gryphon. Very Happy

Most really enjoy Wii Fit and, for many, it is a great way getting off that couch and getting back to being active. It isn't the most intense workout (a lot here are using My Fitness Coach for that), but it is fun. That isn't to say you can't get some good aerobics, balancing, yoga, strength exercises out of it. You can. And, the fun factor is imo much better than My Fitness Coach. I just love the snowboarding, skiing and things of that ilk. The balance board is unbelievably sensitive and will notice even the slightest movements.

By the way, the buzz is that they can be pretty easily found at Toys 'R Us, so, if there is one near you, you might check it out.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Gryphon Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks KeithA39 for the welcome. Actually I ordered Wii Fit from amazon yesterday so I did manage swipe one already. Smile

Yeah, I know Wii Fit isn't known for being that intensive of a workout, but at this point I'm more interested in something that will get me off the couch, keep me interested and is FUN.
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Let us know how you like it. I stuck with the balance games for a while, then really started to enjoy all the other activities.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  qtewvgrl Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi everyone!

My name's Amy, I got the Wii Fit 2 days ago, and have gotten addicted! This is so much fun to do. I have been working out for the past month and a half doing mostly tae bo, which I also love doing!! I have about 40 pounds to go, Ive lost 13 pounds so far! I havent really gotten done a exercise routine with it yet, but still plan to do the taebo a couple days a week and the Wii Fit on the days I dont.

Thanks for the boards! Good luck to everyone!
qtewvgrl
qtewvgrl
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi Nat!

I also found out about this board on Amazon - hopefully more will find that thread and keep joining! I'm so happy you made this forum because I was eagerly searching for one as soon as I got the Wii and wii fit!

Thanks,

Brenda
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 pm

I've been involved with several message boards from home theater to classical music to sports to cars, etc., but this one is surprisingly healthy and active for being only a few weeks old. I'm really happy that so many posters are already "regulars".

Here's hoping that Nat gets past her studies and tests and sees how many new members there are, although I'd bet she still tries to find the time to check out what's going on.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Nat's Intro Empty another new member

Post  pvgrn1 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Found your site today. Excited to find people who are thinking and working in the same area as I am.
I'm a 53 year old grandmother to 7 active little boys. I sure need to get in better shape to keep up with them.
Bought my wii fit 44 days ago. In that time I've gone from 230 lbs to 218 lbs. I exercise 30 minutes a day, mostly doing the step and the boxing. I have been trying to eat healthier and stop my snacking. Have been pleasantly surprised with my results.
Interested in finding other games that I can exercise with and am going to try some that I've seen mentioned.
Thanks for giving me a place to find encouragement and advice.

pvgrn1
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

very impressive weight loss there, pvgm.

Welcome to the forum. Very Happy
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down