Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandy's Intro

+3
FitMonkey
David
barsan
7 posters

Go down

Sandy's Intro Empty Sandy's Intro

Post  barsan Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 pm

I am the mother of 4. When my boys were younger I ran here, there and everywhere. Now that they are young men, I don't have to run as much or cook as much. My lifestlye changed. I began to eat more takeout and snack a bit more. On a recent visit to the doctor he stated that I needed to exercise and lose about thirty pounds. I threw money away by getting a gym membership. I went a couple of times and that was it.

One of my sons who is into fitness and sports bought me a Wii Console for Xmas. He told be about the Wii Fit and what it does. I mentioned this to one of my good friends and she encouraged me to buy the Wii Fit because she swears by hers. I bought my Wii Fit about a month ago.

I must say I use the Wii Fit at least 5 times a week anywhere from 30-45 minutes and I love it. I have not lost a pound as yet but I am exercising and enjoying it.

I am open to all suggestions to what you guys have found works especially for an expanding waistline!

barsan
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Sandy's Intro Empty Re: Sandy's Intro

Post  David Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Welcome
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Welcome, Sandy!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:34 pm

nice to see you here sandy!!!Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi Sandy!

I haven't really lost any weight either since starting my fitness program with the wii but I'm sure I'm gaining muscle and have been losing fat so that's encouragement enough for me!!

For my fitness program I'm trying to do a variety of things with my wii so I don't get bored. I've used Wii fit and thought that was great, but right now two of my favorite "games" are great workouts on their own. I'm using Samba De Amigo and Helix (which you can purchase for about $10 from the Wii store on your console under WiiWare). Both are dance type games and really get me moving. Great aerobic workouts. Also a lot of people on this forum are using "My Fitness Coach". I haven't purchased that but it's a port of an old Xbox game, Yourself Fitness, which I used for a good year and it is a great fitness game. It doesn't use the wii fit board but it has a lot to offer.

And there are some new games coming out soon. One is EA Sports Active for the Wii and that looks to be very promising and is coming out in May. Another game called Outdoor Adventures is mentioned on this board as another good one. I have that one as well but haven't really given it a good look yet because I'm content for now using the games I have.

Good luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you!

Brenda
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Sandy's Intro Empty expanding waistlines

Post  prism68 Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:08 am

Hi, Sandy!

My wake-up call was a visit to my doctor, too Smile
He is a small, East Indian man whom I've seen for 20-something years. One day I went in for a sinus infection and he just looked at me and looked at me and finally said, "Angela, do you realize you weigh 40 lbs. more than you did 3 years ago?" I about fell off the table Sad

I don't think I should be giving any advice since I lost my mind last night and ate 5 days worth of calories in 2 hours affraid
BUT, what worked for me up to this point is doing SOME kind of exercise 5 or 6 days a week and counting calories. I aim for 1,200 a day because I'm only 5 feet tall. Somedays it's a little more or a little less, but I've lost 20 lbs. in about 7 weeks so far. The combination of exercise and calorie control is making the difference. Either one by itself wasn't working for me.

There are several sites to help with calorie counting. I use calorieking.com because it lets you count per OUNCE, but fitday.com is good if you want to track online (I just keep a little notebook in my purse).
Best wishes to you!
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Sandy's Intro Empty Counting Calories

Post  barsan Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the tip of the websites you mentioned. I did go to fitday.com and check it out. I probably need to have an idea of my daily calorie intake. My problem is that I am a night snacker. I work a second shift and when I get home I head straight for the kitchen.

The Wii states that you shouldn't eat after 9pm, but what I am wondering is, is that assuming you go to bed at a decent time? I am usually up until 1-2 am in the morning! In any event I will try calorie watching combined with exercise and see what happens!

Sandy

barsan
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Sandy's Intro Empty night eating

Post  prism68 Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi, this is a problem area for me, too Sad

I think the point is: you eat a bunch of calories then go to sleep where they turn to fat. I've heard not to eat 3 hours before bed, alternately, so maybe you're ok since you have such a late night Smile ?
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Squeaky Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Sandy, it's not necessarily when you snack but what you snack on - the later at night it is, the less carbs you should be taking in because your body will store it instead of burn it off like it would mid-day. Keep the night snacks to fruits, veggies, and protein (like fat free cheese or lean turkey).

And stop it with all the popcorn! geek

Squeaky
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down