Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not recipes, but some healthy eating advice!

2 posters

Go down

Not recipes, but some healthy eating advice! Empty Not recipes, but some healthy eating advice!

Post  LisaB Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 am

Go out & buy a copy of the Eat This, Not That books today! There are 2 editions (actually a third book is for kids) of the book currently available. The first one focuses on eating out & making the best choices out the options that you have at many chain restaurants (fast food & sit down). Example from the cover of the book: Eat a Big Mac instead of a Whopper. The Big Mac has 540 calories & 29g fat, while the Whopper has a whopping 760 calories & 47g fat!! But it also includes some supermarket choices & holiday tips. The second book is all about buying the right products at the supermarket. This book is loaded with so much good advice! It also points out how deceiving the food companies are when trying to sell you their "healthy" products. For example, to make the "reduced fat" version of their product, they usually end up adding a bunch of other stuff that's just as bad for you!
LisaB
LisaB
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Not recipes, but some healthy eating advice! Empty Re: Not recipes, but some healthy eating advice!

Post  Natalee Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:36 pm

I have heard really good things about those books. I might have to take a trip to Barnes & Noble.

One thing I always try to keep in mind is portion sizes. I know most restaurant portion sizes are always way, way bigger than I actually need to consume. For example, a kids happy meal from McDonalds is a "true" adult portion. A kids happy meal with hamburger, small fries and 12oz sprite has 590 calories and 20 grams of fat (And that is still a lot). Think about adult portion sizes 100 or even 50 years ago and where they are now. I am trying to just stay away from fast food for a long while. I have made a rule if I do have to get something quick, go for a kid size...and the added bonus of a toy!

Another little fact I read was to maintain a healthy weight a person should have no more than 35 to 70 grams of fat per day. Limiting all fats to 20-35% of total calories.
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down