Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nat's Activity & Progress Log

3 posters

Go down

Nat's Activity & Progress Log Empty Nat's Activity & Progress Log

Post  Natalee Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 am

At the first of the year I weighed 232 lbs and started using my friends Wii. I lost 11 lbs in one week. Holy balls Batman! I weighed in yesterday at 226 lbs, I gained 5 lbs back. I haven't been able to use my friends Wii as much as I wanted to, and honestly eating kinda crappy so I am not surprised I gained 5 lbs back. On the bright side at least I am still down 6 lbs. I can't wait to get under 200. My Wii is on its way to me as we speak, I just checked the tracking number and its in Kansas right now. Only 3.5 hours away from me. I am hoping it gets delivered tomorrow, but I know it will be here at least by Thursday.
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nat's Activity & Progress Log Empty Day One with the New Wii!

Post  Natalee Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

I got my Wii today! Finally! Now I don't have to bug my friend to use hers! Its all mine, mine, mine! bounce

According to the Wii Fit:

Height: 5'8
Weight: 223.3 lbs
BMI: 33.85
Wii Fit Age: 28 (Took me three tries to get that, I was 40 first)

I have already banked 1 hour of play time. Not too shabby.

I really like this game. I hope I don't putz out on this, I want to lose weight. I am not planning to use just the Wii as my only way to lose weight. I have already made huge changes in the way I eat. Three main things are: portion sizes, healthier food choices and not eating late at night. I plan to use the awesome trails around the lake as soon as it warms up above freezing. I have this five mile section of trail that is my favorite with some killer hills. And I mean killer! The first time I went up the last HUGE hill, I was afraid I was going to die and my skinny friend would be left to carry my remains back to her car. LOL. I really have to commit to this lifestyle change, because my health is going to suffer. I don't want to go down that road. Some of you might have read that I am a nursing student. Let me tell you every time we cover a disease in class, 9 out of 10 times, one of the major a predisposing factors is obesity. Great! I am going to die! Ok not really, but thats how our instructors make me feel.

A little background info that I haven't previously shared about myself is that I was overweight all thru high school, then I graduated and gained more weight. In 2002, I got sick of it and overhauled my diet and started working out like a fiend. Jogging 8 miles a day, 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening, Pilates and Taebo on alternating days. I went from 236 to 120. It took me 12 months and I felt great! I maintained 120-135 up until 2 years ago, when I let everything fall by the wayside. All that hard work down the drain, and 6 years later I am right back where I started. Almost depressing. Actually its way depressing, but I am NOT going to let my self give up. Being depressed about it is only going to make me sit on my ass and eat more ruffles. Where would I be 6 years from now? If I continued to gain 5 lbs a month, for the next 6 years....Yikes thats a scary number! I am 28 years old and I want to be healthy and fit going into my 30's. Eeek another number that is creeping up on me! LOL.

Another side note. I just figured out, if I was gaining an average of 5 lbs a month it equals out to 17,500 calories I didn't need (1 lb = 3,500 calories)! Embarassed
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nat's Activity & Progress Log Empty Busy with school

Post  Natalee Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi guys!

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know I am still alive. I have been super busy with nursing school, tons of homework and tests!

I have used my Wii Fit everyday since I got it, for at least an hour a day. Things are going really good. I haven't weighed in, I've been skipping the body tests until this next Monday. Hopefully I'll see a change. I also got My Fitness Coach in the mail, but I haven't gotten a chance to use it.

I hope everything is going well for everyone else. Love you guys and I'll see you soon!
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nat's Activity & Progress Log Empty Re: Nat's Activity & Progress Log

Post  Natalee Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 pm

I am down to 214 now. I feel like I am making some decent progress. Still a long way to go tho. I started using My Fitness Coach and let me tell you it is kicking my ass! I recommend anyone who wants to have a little more variety buy that game. 120 here I come!
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:42 am

Natalee wrote:I am down to 214 now. I feel like I am making some decent progress.
Decent progress? That's incredible! Cool (anyone remember that tv show?) Not only is that incredible, that's a great motivation for all of us. You rock!

I started using My Fitness Coach and let me tell you it is kicking my ass! I recommend anyone who wants to have a little more variety buy that game.
Razz Yeah, Maya is tough! Just remember to stay on her good side! Razz

120 here I come!
Some of my best character builiding episodes came while going to school full time, working full time, and trying to exercise when I could. When I was going full tilt, nothing could stop me. I'm very pleased to see that despite you obviously very busy schedule you're persevering, and have taken the attitude "nothing can stop me".

Always remember that not one single day can derail you. Allow yourself some freedom, perhaps one day a week, to just relax and not exercise and enjoy a treat. Your body needs that feeling that your not stranded on an island like Tom Hanks in the movie Castaway.

Slow and dedicated perseverance is required to reach our ultimate goals, and you're showing these qualities.

Keep it up!

As Maya would say, "Go, Go, Go!" Very Happy
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Nat's Activity & Progress Log Empty wow!

Post  prism68 Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:20 pm

It is inspiring to realize how well you were able to meet your goals last time!

Don't sweat the previous bad choices; Lord knows I'd be a rich woman if I had a nickel for every one of my regrets Evil or Very Mad

Instead, you can focus on how much drive and determination you possess (making this board, going to school, achieving such incredible results in the past...) to overcome the depressing thoughts sunny

Three cheers to you cheers
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down