Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Push-ups...

+5
FitMonkey
LisaB
meli312
dancerpeg
Natalee
9 posters

Go down

Push-ups... Empty Push-ups...

Post  Natalee Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:40 pm

I cannot do a push-up to save my life. Serious. I can do girl push-ups but thats about it. I asked my boyfriend (who is a little out of shape as well) if he could do push-ups. He looked at me and snorts, "Well of course, I'm a guy." OK, well I have never seen you do one. I bet that he couldn't do ten in a row. He gets down and does 10 push-ups in record time, then he showed off and did them on his knuckles. Damn him! I wanted to kick that smug little smile off his face. My new mission in life is to do ten real push-ups and show him up. Twisted Evil
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Push-ups... Empty push-ups

Post  dancerpeg Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:40 pm

You Go Girl. Very Happy I won't be able to do push up until I have all my weight off because of my right shoulder had surgery 7 years ago and it has not been the same being heavy. I use to serve a mean volleyball in school 25 years ago. Now I have to serve underhand. So like you I will have to work up to a push-up.
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Push-ups... Empty Re: Push-ups...

Post  Natalee Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:55 pm

LOL I was never coordinated enough to play volleyball, the ball would always go the opposite direction I wanted it to. I hope one day you are able to serve overhand again. There are so many things I use to be able to do better or easier when I was thinner. I am really motivated to be able to do all those things again. My skinny best friend can only do one push-up so I don't feel that bad anymore. Razz
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meli312 Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:09 am

The pushup/plank exercise is soooo hard. I am still doing "women" pushups when I do it.

meli312
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalee Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:19 am

Gah! I know! Have you tried that stupid pushup/plank challenge or whatever its called. That one totally sucks and I feel like such a weenie. tongue
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meli312 Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:59 pm

hehe...No I haven't tried any of the challenges yet. I have them all unlocked but I am scared..lol

meli312
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  LisaB Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:42 am

I cannot do the Push Up/Side Plank exercise either. It is one of the few Wii Fit exercises that I just cannot do. And I wish they would at least give me partial credit for the few that I CAN do. I think I've done 4 before & I still get called a Couch Potato! I used to like to believe that the bumpy board surface hurt my hands too much & that's why I couldn't do it, but now I've got one of the protective covers on my board & I still can't do them. Crying or Very sad Now, I have done 10 regular push-ups before, but was about dead by the time I was done.
LisaB
LisaB
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Natalee wrote: He gets down and does 10 push-ups in record time, then he showed off and did them on his knuckles.

I have a weird bone spur that causes SO much pain in my wrist when my hand is bent back, like in push up position.

It never used to bother me. Of course, I never used to do push ups either. Very Happy

It hurt just a bit at first on the Wii Fit push ups and side plank, but I could work through it. Then it got worse and worse every time. The side plank on my injured wrist didn't help things. I finally had to quit doing that exercise.

I tried doing on my knuckles (doesn't cause the pain that way for some reason), but the Fit board is so hard that it was even more painfull on my knuckles. Stupid bone spur. Evil or Very Mad
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  qtewvgrl Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:58 pm

meli312 wrote:The pushup/plank exercise is soooo hard. I am still doing "women" pushups when I do it.

Me too! The trainer told me I wasnt strong enough to do the exercise yet. But Im determined to keep going and get better at it, just to shut him up!! Very Happy
qtewvgrl
qtewvgrl
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:04 pm

At least you all have tried the pushups! I'm not going to try them until I lose a lot of weight! Right now I'm just concentrating on the aerobics side of the exercises and the balance ones!
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:09 pm

I can do the push ups, but there have been many that cause me to go, "Huh? I can't do that." Evil or Very Mad I get such a feeling of accomplishment when I finally can do them. Can't even touch my toes yet. Rolling Eyes
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  meli312 Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:29 pm

I am happy to report I can do the pushups now easily. bounce

I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD and you do pushups in the beginner level. (which I am still on) OMG, the first time I did this DVD..I seriously thought I was going to die. hehe.

I am getting pretty good now at the pushups, can now even do "mens" pushups. flower
Melissa

meli312
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Push-ups... Empty push ups

Post  Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:59 am

i cant do either i just go on my knees and do what i can and maybe ill get stronger and will be able to one dat its best to try than not!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tousledgenius Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 am

Well, how did things go? Two years have passed and I'm fascinated to know if you've got your triceps, anterior deltoids and pectorals into enough shape to wipe out your b/f :-)
TG

Tousledgenius
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: