Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balance Board

2 posters

Go down

Balance Board Empty Balance Board

Post  David Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:41 am

How is the accuracy of your boards? Does it vary from day to day? What type of surface are you setting it on?

Mine registered up to a 3lb change a few times overnight. Unfortunately I live in an older home with weak floor boards and old low pile carpet on top of them. But I really don't know how much that effects the accuracy of the balance board.
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Balance Board Empty Re: Balance Board

Post  FitMonkey Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 pm

If you have the board on carpet, I would recommend using the little spacer thingies that came with the board. Mine won't work properly on carpet without the spacers.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks already use them.
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:58 pm

oh, wow. I've never really repeatedly weighed myself on the Wii board, so I don't really know. (exept that one time I tried it without the foot spacers).

I've heard the accuracy of the board as a scale is pretty good. I tried a quick look to find the article I read once, but couldn't find it. I'll keep looking.

But I think all scales have some issues with variation. Our digital bathroom scale (on a tile floor, with 4 corner sensors like the wii board) will show about a 2 pound difference depending on which foot I step on with first. I've learned to step on with the left foot first Laughing . It will also show smaller variations depending on where I place my feet.

I'll make a note to check tonight my scale vs. the wii board to see what the difference is.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm

When I said "a few times overnight" I didn't mean I weighed myself multiple times a night, but I can see how it reads that way sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant that from one day to the next I get a 3lb difference, and it has only happened a few times.

I'ts really no big deal.......my Wii Fit weight graph was just on a nice downward slope and it spikes back up with the inaccurate readings.
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:08 am

David wrote:my Wii Fit weight graph was just on a nice downward slope and it spikes back up with the inaccurate readings.

They very well might be accurate readings. Our body weights tend to fluctuate a lot day to day, and even throughout the day. I had the same temporary upward spikes from day-to-day on my Wii Fit graph when I lost a bulk of my weight in the fall of last year. It kinda looked like a graph of the stock market during the same period. Mad

If you look at my progress journal here at our fantastic Wii Fit Forum, you'll see how my weight bounces around about 3-4 pounds per week (hopefully on a downward slope). I'm pretty compulsive about weighing myself on my home scale when I get the chance, and that too bounces around depending on what time of day I check.

I like to take my "official" weight in the mornings before I eat or drink anything because for me that appears to be the most consistant.

When looking at one's weight over time, one should always be shooting for lower lows, and lower highs. The fluctuations are temporary, but the end results are not! Very Happy
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down