Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yay! A WiiFit forum!!

+3
minidinosaur
David
BrendaW
7 posters

Go down

Yay!  A WiiFit forum!! Empty Yay! A WiiFit forum!!

Post  BrendaW Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Everybody!

I just got a Wii a couple of months ago and WiiFit about a month ago and was searching for a forum for others interested in the Wii as an excerise device so I was happy to come across this forum.

I'm very out of shape due to some health issues and have put on a lot of weight over the years and was looking for something that would be easy to do yet fun. I've had a blast with Wii Sports then got WiiFit and think that's great too. Right now I've not been using the Wiifit but have been playing a game called "Samba De Amigo" which is a tremendous workout but a lot of fun.

I haven't lost any weight, have actually gained over ten pounds since I got the Wii which I am thinking I've gained muscle seeing as I was so sedentary before. I'm not eating more, if anything I've made better food choices since starting so gaining muscle is the only thing that makes sense. I'm hoping to lose weight but if not, I do know that exercise itself will help tremendously with lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, etc so that's worth it regardless.

I feel so much healthier even without actually losing weight. When I first started using the Wii and WiiFit I was so out of breath very quickly into my workouts. Now I'm doing an hour of Samba De Amigo (think Dance, Dance Revolution using your hands and the wiimotes instead of a dance mat) and I'm barely getting out of breath. cheers

Anyway, looking forward to using this forum and getting to know all of you!

Brenda
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Yay!  A WiiFit forum!! Empty Re: Yay! A WiiFit forum!!

Post  David Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Welcome
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 pm

welcome welcome!!!Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Yay!  A WiiFit forum!! Empty Welcome

Post  dancerpeg Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Very Happy Welcome to our world here a Wii-Fit that's right, we are all going to be fit. Ya!! more people here.. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 am

Thank you everybody!!
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you!

BrendaW wrote:
I haven't lost any weight, have actually gained over ten pounds since I got the Wii which I am thinking I've gained muscle seeing as I was so sedentary before. I'm not eating more, if anything I've made better food choices since starting so gaining muscle is the only thing that makes sense.

Don't sweat it! (pun intended Very Happy ) Our body weights naturally fluctuate. Even more so when exercise becomes incorporated into one's daily routine.

Did the 10 pounds come toward the beginning when you started with the Wii, or did they come in slowly since you started?

Either way, keeping a food journal (like in a small spiral notebook from the drugstore (about 1$)) will help. And it's not always about calories, but what is in the food. Salt plays a big role in the amount of water your body retains.

I feel so much healthier even without actually losing weight.

And finally, it's not always about the scale, or calories and salt, or water. It's about how you feel. I saw in another thread that you said your clothes are feeling looser also. These are the results that matter the most! Smile
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Yay!  A WiiFit forum!! Empty Welcome!

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 am

Hi Brenda glad you found us. My wife has not lost a pound yet. She works out like a mad thing and yet no loss. It will come. Good food choices sound like what I have done also. It is so good to be doing the right thing again. Wiieeeeee
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks for the encourgement FitMonkey & Oceanrun! I'm definitely not sweating it about not losing weight yet but I am actually enjoying sweating so much! Laughing I am having a blast exercising and I haven't had that experience in a long, long time. The last time I really got into a regular exercise routine was about four years ago back when I was doing Yourself Fitness on the xbox (you all know that "game" as the Wii's My Fitness Coach). I was very good about visiting with Maya for about a year until I injured myself while doing the jumping jacks. Pulled a major muscle or something in my back that took about six weeks to heal and then I just never got back into it. I had been getting bored near the end and the timing of the injury when I was already getting bored didn't help motivate me to want to start all over again.

Long story short here I am starting all over again. I've had some health issues with an autoimmune disorder, fibromyalgia and ongoing back problems but I'm not going to let that stand in my way anymore. The "games" I'm working out with on the Wii are fun and I can make sure I don't hurt myself again this time by being a bit more careful.

Back when I was doing Yourself Fitness I again wasn't really losing much weight but I was definitely losing fat and replacing it with muscle and muscle looks much nicer than fat. I was having people tell me how good I was looking so I know not to let the numbers on the scale discourage me.
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  Oceanrun Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Coming back to it shows you are dedicated, that is so good.
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rainessa Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:43 am

I like your picture. My husband and I are Firefly (well anything by Joss to tell the truth) fans.
rainessa
rainessa
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks Rainessa! It's a great picture of Nathan and Gina! Also huge Joss Whedon fan's in my family as well. Here's hoping Fox doesn't cancel 'Dollhouse'!
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down