Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from singapore!

+2
FitMonkey
minidinosaur
6 posters

Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty Hi from singapore!

Post  minidinosaur Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:30 am

Hi everyone!

i am from singapore and stumbled upon this forum. I find it very interesting. Trying my super best to lose weight, but nothing is working.

had my wii fit since last year but not active on it. trying my best to get back on to it. really badly need to lose some weight.Smile

nice meeting all of you!

cheers!
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty Re: Hi from singapore!

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 am

welcome dino!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MansfieldBuckeye Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 am

Welcome!

MansfieldBuckeye
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:04 pm

thanks!!!Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty Hi from singapore!

Post  dancerpeg Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Welcome to our Wii Fit. I hope we can give you the encouragment that you need to acheive your weight loss. I have struggle with my weight for a long time. So its time to give back to myself and my health for me. And you can do it too. Hope to see good progress on you, as you get back up on the Wii Fit.. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:02 am

Dear Dancer Peg,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i have also suffered from weight issue for the longest time. i put on ard 20kg and has never been able to shed it off. mainly because i cant do very strenuous excerise as i have a serious back problem. When i saw wii, i knew it is good cos i can do the step aerobics which i truly enjoy.

i hope to lose more weight as i think i m also getting unhealthy.Smile am glad to hv found this support group cos when i told my friends abt wii, everyone laugh at me and say that wii fit will not be able to help me lost weight. now that i have read and join this group and see real life examples, i feel so much better now. am encourage to go on and on.Smile thanks
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty minidinosaur

Post  dancerpeg Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:14 pm

Me too, people saying they have the wii fit and they got nothing out of it. It will help because for us it is a low impact aerobics that we can start moving and enjoying something we can accomplish in our own homes. One of the lady's I know was talking last night about the wii fit and they didn't know idea that the more you are on it, the more you open up different levels so I hope it made her curious about getting on it with her daughter. Friends are noticing that I'm losing weight and some say I look different but they can't pin point it, so I have to tell them.

Yesterday my piggy bank on the wii fit turn to bronze so that's means I hit 10 hours on it. My boys think I'm nuts because I'm always doing something on the wii now. My goal is too cut down on my homemade espresso, I am just having way to many. It taste good with the weather is so cold outside.
Very Happy Well have a great day..Peg Very Happy
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 pm

HI dancerpeg,

good to hear that from someone so far away.Smile i will keep working on it. As long as we feel good. it will be great for us.Smile

btw, is there a rountine that i should follow? like start off with yoga for 10 mins, follow by step aerobics for 10 mins, follow by hula hoop for 6 mins etc? or we can do as we pleased? please advise. thanks
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty minidinosau

Post  dancerpeg Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 pm

That's kinda what I do when I'm working out. But make sure you keep it interesting for you by change things up once in a while so you don't get bored with the same routine everyday.
Yes, I think it cool that we can talk oceans away from each other.. We just have the pacific ocean between us.
Well I can't wait to hear from you again with some progress because of the wii fit. Stay strong and Have a great Valentine's Day tomorrow.. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:24 am

hi dancerpeg,

thanks for the encouragement. i stop using wii fit for 2 days:( i am soooo guilty. and i think i ate too much again. going to jump onto the wii fit later. i tot today, i might start with some other games like dancing to warm up and then wii fit. let u know my progress soon.Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerpeg Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11 am

That's okay to miss a day of exercise because your body does need a rest once in a while. I have to follow a very rigid diet because of have diabetes, I'm watching the sugar intake and the carb's intake to make sure I dont' go really high and then come back and crash. Here's a little things I do to treat myself because if you don't treat your self once in a while the everyone know what happens. I use the 100 calories snacks, I bought weight watcher giant fudge bars they are only 1 point so that's good for ya. And I add more fiber to my diet and I got that from the biggest loser one night watching.

Just the other day I sent my sister who lives in Illinois a DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution) for her ps2. She use to be smaller then me all our lives and then 10 years ago she had her son and well today I'm smaller then her. So I've been trying to get her moving and encourage her to lose weight. She has more health problems them me. We just lost our mom to lung cancer back in Oct. 08 and man did she have a lot of problems with health through out her life. I'm last one of 11 kids in my family, so my mom was 81 would have be 82 next monday.
Well I've talk your ear off today.. We are having a potluck at church and this is my down fall.
Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:56 am

thanks dancerpeg! u make me feel less guilty on missing excerise. i am so happy that i lost 1.8lbs Smile i hope it is a permanent loss.Smile

sorry abt the loss of your mum. yes, i agree that sometimes losing weight isnt abt making oneself prettier and able to fit into a smaller size. rather it is for health purpose. i got a slipped disc condition, which i hope by losing some weight, it wont be pushing so hard on my spine. though my doc did say that it has nothing to do with my weight. but even then, might be good to built up strength on my spine as well.

my dad also has diabetes and gout. honestly, i think my chances of getting it is also pretty high. and while i can still do my bit to delay it frm happening (if it has to happen), then i might as well start now.Smile

well, i hope u enjoy your potluck without over eating.Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty Hi Mini!

Post  Oceanrun Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 pm

I also found this site touring around looking. Welcome. Losing some weight is on my list too, I have lost about 15 lbs so far. Partly with wii activity and some to do with less food. When I started to count the calories and carbs going in I was very surprised. I was eating for 2. I hope you find this a great place to gather, so far I do. I think it is helpful to share what is happening to us. Hula Hoops on wii is very good for me, I can't believe how something so simple has burned me up to a sweat. Nice avatar view also.
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalee Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 am

Hello and welcome I'm glad you found us. Most of the members here are in the same boat. Just stick with it and we'll be here to give you that extra little bit of motivation!
Natalee
Natalee
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://wiifitforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:42 am

thanks nat and dancer! i will keep going! though i tend to get lazy at time.Razz
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  dancerpeg Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 am

Well I am proud out your for loss 1.8 lbs this past week. Keep it up and don't find it make sure someone else took those pounds not you.(lol) That is a good start to a great week for you. Like Nat said we are all in the same boat about our weight. Some heavy and some just a little over weight but it all needs to come off of us not matter how much someone has to loss. Well today my oldest son turn 21 years old and I don't feel old enough to have that old of a son. I did really good at the potluck did not over eat and I had my own stuff just for me with chicken and a veggie. I have been craving veggies lately especially broccili (sp).
I can tell that I don't drink all of my coffee now. Because I run out of energy in the evening. But I can tell a different with my weight loss. I'm down 3.3 lbs so far for my next goal.

Okay I will let you in on a little secret. I am taking a diet supplement to help me with my weight loss. It helps me to keep my blood sugar from diving down and gives me time to think of what I need to eat for each meal. I also eat 5 to 6 small meals a day so that my blood sugar won't drop. That is the reason people get craving for something sweet because they need to raise their blood sugar back up. So when people diet they don't eat enough to keep the blood sugar level all day so it crashes and they grab the first thing to quit feeling hungry.
No my diet supplement is not from the doctor. But before I started back in July taking I did research every part of what's in it to make sure I was not harmful. Some people have great success with it and some not. I'm one that has been doing great with it.
Well talk later Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:47 am

Hi dancerpeg,

you know, i have actually tried all kinds of diet pills. from off the shelf kind to doctor prescription. I have also tried slimming belt, slimming tea, special diet meals etc. nothing works well... and esp for pills. my heart tends to beat at a super fast rate after taking them, so much so that usually i cant breathe at all. this is where my doctor advise me to stop taking them.

I also signed up a personal trainer at a gym. at first i lost 2kg, then the trainer say that i have to carry on. and i train for like 5 months. all i got was muscle and no lose of fats. he say i have to build enff muscle b4 fats start to burn. but i am oready build and by building more muscle, it kind of like set my build there. plus, it was getting expensive paying for both the gym and the personal trainer. hence i gave up.

then wii fit came along and i brought it. first it was easy at the comfort of my own hse. now i am seriously hoping it will work well for me. Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Hi from singapore! Empty Minidinosaur

Post  dancerpeg Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi I sent you a email.. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:39 am

saw and replied!Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum