Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen?

2 posters

Go down

When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen? Empty When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen?

Post  Tousledgenius Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Following the Wii Fit trainer on a couple of exercises, for example the parallel stretch and the yoga dog pose, your face is pointed away from the TV. Why is there onscreen balance information then?
Somebody didn't think about these exercises, unless I'm missing a clever way to embed a TV into a concrete floor.
Any good ideas to get around this awkwardness?

Tousledgenius
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen? Empty Re: When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen?

Post  Old Tyke Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Makes you spit doesn't it! It's the same on the Biggest Loser game, and Bob doesn't let you know when to change legs either!

Old Tyke
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen? Empty Re: When your head is between your knees, how do you see the screen?

Post  Tousledgenius Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Spit? lol - it's my number one expectorant every weekday morning.
I improvised a mirror from a plastic box-lid and propped it up on a small blow-up ball (work with the materials at hand) to let me see the screen for the parallel stretch, but found that my 80+ result for one minute fell to 40- or 50-something. Apparently trying to deal with a cross-hair in mirror-image, first thing in the morning, is NOT one of my talents: I do better on feel.

Now. How do I stop the edge of the Wii board digging into the bone just below my elbow, d'y'think? So far a wodged-up towel and a carefully folded yoga mat have been of not-much use. Very Happy

Which leads me to another 'what WERE they thinking?' moment:
Having to stand on the Wii board when you're already down on the floor ready for the the next exercise.
Another great idea faintly spoiled by the marketing team telling the programmers to throw in a feature without running it past anybody In Real Life.

How does Plus do for this kind of thing in comparison to the original Wii Fit?
I've been pondering upgrading, but these days money is money and who wants to get stuck with either a white elephant or a balance board in similar shades?

TG

Tousledgenius
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Tyke Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 am

I have a rubber mat type cover for the board which lessens the pain on the arms, I got it from Amazon.
The Wiifit plus is better in that you can put various exercises together into "My routine" and it plays them one after the other. The Wii cycling is frustratingly good fun.(for folk like me with a simple mind!) And if you do the jogging then you can overtake your dog/Mii/cat and do different routes.

Old Tyke
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tousledgenius Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 am

Now you mention it, I remember there was such a thing as a cover for the Wii board: I thought it was another gimmick to get me to part with cash and ignored it - duh.
I'm using an old, folded up yoga mat at the moment. It's not perfect but it has its moments. It reveals to me that my core isn't so bad, but my arms don't half start to ache while holding the posture.
I've given up trying to see the screen to see what the dot is doing on the cross hair, too. I get better scores without.

Cheers
TG

Tousledgenius
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum