Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold's Gym Cardio Workout

2 posters

Go down

Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Empty Gold's Gym Cardio Workout

Post  Lady Gryphon Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:04 pm

Can be bought on pre-order from amazon.com for $29.99. Coming out on March 31, 2009.

Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Nintendo Wii brings your own personal Gold's Gym cardio trainer into your home Gold's Gym is the largest gym in the world and is known for leading the industry in personal training, so expect shape up fast. It's a fun way to exercise and maintain a healthy body using your Nintendo Wii.
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Gold's Gym Cardio Workout Empty Re: Gold's Gym Cardio Workout

Post  BrendaW Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:23 pm

I was checking out the reviews of this on Amazon and everyone described it as a boxing game and it was getting really good reviews. Someone did a video review of it where they show some of the game play and it is much more detailed than WiiFit boxing & Wii Sports boxing. Also, it is now on sale for $20 too so I ordered it. I'll let you all know what I think when I get it!

Here's the link to the video review if anyone wants to see some footage:

Gold's Gym review
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Gryphon Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 pm

I've seem some other reviews by Wiiviewer and I thought he usually does a good job of giving a good unbiased reviews.

You'll have to tell us what it's like.
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sun May 03, 2009 2:42 pm

I really liked his video reviews as well. It's nice having a visual of what exactly a game is about.

I've had the game for about a week and, for me, it's just okay. Everything is broken up into like 6-7 minute segments which is where I have my biggest issues. You start off each segment with your coach telling you the same thing about placing your feet just right and rocking to the beat and then it takes awhile before the punching stuff starts up. Some of the workouts are 16 minutes or so but those are still stopped halfway through and you again start up again with the rocking back and forth before starting the workout.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was only a few seconds of set your feet and match your rocking to the beat but it seems like it's about a minute of it (probably not that long but it feels like it) and then you start the workout. Also, I know there is probably a reason to be locked into that stance but it feels uncomfortable to me. The game is getting excellent reviews on Amazon so I don't want to discourage anyone else from giving it a try because they may like it better than me.

I much prefer Helix and Samba DeAmigo over this one but I do think at it's price point it is not a bad workout to have. It is no longer on sale on Amazon but it is still under $30. I've opted to sell mine on Amazon's marketplace because I'll be getting the new EA Sports workout game later this month and that will also have boxing in it.
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down