Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acai Berry Scam

2 posters

Go down

Acai Berry Scam Empty Acai Berry Scam

Post  FitMonkey Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:52 pm

I've been seeing these advertisements all over the internet for the past couple of months, and they're driving me nuts.

"I lost 45 pounds in one month with these berries and this colon cleanser stuff, and I can't believe it."

Yeah, me neither. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Here are some comments from a short article I found:

That "free trial" offer had a lot of fine print. My fault that I didn't read it more careful. My account has been hit for $109.17.

I too was scammed, 87.13 each for Acai Berry Detox and Cologenix from FWM Labs in FL! RezV 79.00 also located in Fl!

I also have been scammed! I am outraged! I have experienced the same problems as everyone else. I have called many phone numbers and a recording instructs me to wait for the next available representative. 12 minutes later the call automatically disconnects!

After cancelling the deceptive program, they continued to bill my wife's credit card.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/920749/acai_berry_marketing_scam_strikes_again.html?cat=51

There was an ad for this garbage on page I linked to above! It's everywhere, and is making me crazy!!!

These usually have amazing photos like this:

Acai Berry Scam Acai1

and

Acai Berry Scam Acai2

Along with "endorsements" from well known people. According to the article above, these endorsements are highly questionable.

I hate scammers. Evil or Very Mad
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Acai Berry Scam Empty Re: Acai Berry Scam

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Yep. The scammers appear to be out in force these days, especially the miracle cures to obesity.

Wait, gotta go, my 19 year old beautiful bride from Russia who fell in love with me from seeing a post I made on a message board is waiting for us to go out and buy our new Mercedes with the money I picked up for helping out the ex-Finance Minister from Nigeria.

I guess people sometimes are so desperate to improve their lives that they do sometimes fall into the trap. I have myself bitten into a few hooks during my days, but, hopefully, am older and wiser these days, although I did just buy a book suggests that you can reprogram your body to have a high metabolism. Oh well, it really didn't cost too much. I bought it because the author was being interviewed on Coast to Coast radio and sounded pretty logical. Guess time will tell if I'm really older or wiser or if I just bought foot pads that suck the toxins out of my body while I sleep.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:53 pm

KeithA39 wrote:Wait, gotta go, my 19 year old beautiful bride from Russia who fell in love with me from seeing a post I made on a message board is waiting for us to go out and buy our new Mercedes with the money I picked up for helping out the ex-Finance Minister from Nigeria.

lol!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down