Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scheduling?

5 posters

Go down

scheduling? Empty scheduling?

Post  prism68 Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:26 am

Hi, I wondered how much time y'all spend each day on Wii Fit or My Fitness Coach?
I had hoped to use Fit for balance-training and MFC for cardio in addition to a video I'm committed to using for the next 3 weeks. I was aiming for 15 minutes of balance on Fit and 15-30 mins. cardio on MFC alternating days, with Sunday a rest day from everything.

However, I just moved up to the last tape in my series (I am using Slim-in-Six by Beachbody, 3 tapes, progressively harder), and couldn't even walk a flight of stairs after using the new one Sad So I didn't even turn on my Wii yesterday!

I am thinking I'm going to have to figure out how to fit in the Wii stuff before work, which will make me have to get up at an unGodly hour. Does anyone else break the stuff up through the day like that? I read that some folks were using a treadmill and DVD's in addition to the Wii and wondered if you run it all together or how you schedule it out?

I hate the thought of getting up even earlier, but I did use to leave the house at 4:30 a.m. when I was a gym member, so it isn't IMPOSSIBLE. Just not desired, lol Smile
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

scheduling? Empty Re: scheduling?

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:59 am

I'm not sure there is any science to it, but it's merely a personal preference.

As for me, if I combine activities in a day, I will usually try to do it all at once (while I'm in the "exercising mindset"). Generally, I will try to do the most strenuous activity first, followed by the easier.

Generally for me, my most strenuous actvivity is the "focus" of my exercise for the day, and the follow up is sort of like a bonus. Because of that, I don't want to have the bonus work impact my ability to do the more strenuous.

For example, when I was using Wii Fit a lot, I would usually run first, as that was my primary activity for the day. If I did the Wii Fit first, I don't think I could have run as well.

Another example, I will usually squeeze in a quick yoga session on MFC after either a strength training workout or a cardio session on MFC (or a run). Not because it would impact my performance in the other activity (yoga isn't very strenuous), but because I would rather stretch after my body is all warmed up and (relatively) limber. But that's my personal preference.

In your situation, you might still be able to get some Wii Fit stuff in after your video workout as a cooldown. Perhaps some of the yoga to stretch, or the balance games. I think if your body is to the point where you can't climb the stairs when you're finished, your body is trying to tell you something. First, it's saying, "you got a great workout in", and second it's saying, "let me rest for a little while!" Smile
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:32 am

Sorry I'd like to give you some pointers but my schedule is non-existent. I just get on and do what feels right at the time. I am just making sure I get at least 15 minutes a day on MFC and another 20 on Wii Fit. I am hoping I can increase those times in the near future but right now those are maxing me out.
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Oceanrun Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 am

What you are posting as your schedule is exactly what my wife does. As soon as she is home from work its the balance and yoga, then on alternating days the Maya Inferno of Hell. I am home all day so I have been able to do my work about 90 minutes before she gets home. Sunday is a day without. I think the routine of doing something consistently adds to the ease toward discipline. How about this. If we all had a 4 day power outage what would we do?
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

scheduling? Empty thanks, y'all!

Post  prism68 Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm

I appreciate all the ideas and input; I think I am going to try and survive this week without any 'extras', then use the weekend to come up with a plan I can live with.

It sounds like y'all are making good on your commitments, though!
I probably COULD have done some of the balance games last night after the hellacious tape, but I was just picturing cardio with Maya and was too scared What a Face
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm

I just looked up some videos of the Slim in Six on You Tube. It looks pretty tough!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

scheduling? Empty Slim in Six

Post  prism68 Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:00 pm

The first two weren't TOO bad (once I worked up to them), but the 3rd one is KILLING me. Today was the second day and I just spent half the video lying on the mat gasping, lol. It is called "Burn it Up" for a reason, I guess Smile
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  rainessa Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 am

My exercise is almost always split up. The only time I do more than 30 minutes of something is when I am doing one of the longer (3-5 miles) Leslie Sansone walking dvds. I still get 1-2 hours of cardio in a day, its just split into multiple 15-30 minute chunks throughout the day. Ive read that breaking it up can be more beneficial than doing it all at once since your body keeps rev'ed up for x amount of time after a workout if you split up your workout (assuming reasonable time spent, not just 5 minutes) your body can be kept rev'ed up for an extended time since its through out the day rather than just that one time.

I wound up setting the my fitness coach to 15 min a day on the planner. I may wind up doing more than that, but its easier to get around to it in a smaller chunk (easier to find 15 minutes that may spread into 20, 30, whatever, then thinking oh I have to set aside an hour its never going to happen), plus its easier that way to hit the committment times to unlock the new areas/music.
rainessa
rainessa
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

scheduling? Empty good idea

Post  prism68 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 pm

That's a great point, to set the MFC up for smaller segments.
The video I'm using is an hour long and it is SO HARD to just get that one in, I've bombed on anything else this week. The weekends are easier, but for the weeknights I really do need to change to 15 minute goals.

Thanks for the ideas!
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down