Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calorie Tracking Software

+2
Oceanrun
David
6 posters

Go down

Calorie Tracking Software Empty Calorie Tracking Software

Post  David Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:47 am

HI everyone,

I've been browsing and reading various reviews of diet/calorie tracking software and websites, I've found one that I am using but would like to hear your favorites, so I can check them out.

Thanks
David
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Calorie Tracking Software Empty Countem

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:31 am

Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Calorie Tracking Software Empty Oops

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am

I didn't say anything about them. I have not used a tracking site, I do that in my kitchen on sheets of scratch paper, but I have found all the info I needed to get started counting, using these 2 sites. What a shock to count
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Calorie Tracking Software Empty counting calories

Post  prism68 Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:29 am

I have been counting calories almost daily since I started my weight loss challenge.
I think it is good to write down what you're eating anyway; definitely makes you more aware.

I mostly use www.calorieking.com because you can find the calories per ounce of an item, which makes it more accurate than just saying "a large apple". I really got a wakeup call about serving sizes!

Another good one is www.fitday.com I used that a few years ago and imagine my chagrin when I logged back in recently. I was shocked to see how much smaller I was 3 years ago. I had the gall to have a weight loss goal of THREE FREAKIN' LBS.!! back then, lol. That was when I got the real wakeup call of just how much weight I'd gained in the past 3 years.

Anyway, fitday lets you record all your activities, etc. and it graphs out your nutritional profile, etc. Pretty cool for a free site (at least it was free last time I checked).
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Calorie Tracking Software Empty Re: Calorie Tracking Software

Post  David Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:32 am

Fitday is the one I am using now. I'll check the other ones out to see how they compare. Thanks for the links.
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:39 pm

I've also used the Fitday one in the past and really liked it.
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  rainessa Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:13 am

I use to use fitday but when I was searching the net to find some sort of fansite/forum for it, I discovered sparkpeople which I absolutely love. Has all the tracking of fitday but with support forums, just about any type of special interest group (I belong to groups for boston terriers, the town I live in, hashimoto's/thyroid problems, age group, gaming interest, etc) and a ton of information on nutrition, fitness, and motivation. It also has sister sites specifically for teens and one for women who are pregnant or with young children since those nutritional needs may be different from the general adult population.

www.sparkpeople.com
rainessa
rainessa
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Gryphon Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:42 pm

I just tried out the FitDay website today and I really like it. And yes, it is still free. I like the fact that you can track nutrition (not just calories), weight and activities on there. If there is a specific food that isn't on there you can add it with all it's nutrition information. It also saves your recent food entered so if you had the same thing again you can just click to enter it and it will add to your food log with the same servings and everything. You can also choose several different measurements of serving size (cup, fl oz, etc).
Lady Gryphon
Lady Gryphon
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: