Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy to find you all!

+3
KeithA39
dancerpeg
prism68
7 posters

Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty Happy to find you all!

Post  prism68 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:46 am

Hi from Georgia Smile
I bought the kids a Wii for Christmas and just bought the Wii Fit because my daughter wanted the balance board for a snowboarding game.
I love it! She is spending more time on it than me, because she wants to increase her cheerleading balance and skills.

Just bought My Fitness Coach, too, and set it up yesterday. I was thrilled to find this forum because exercise really seems to go better when you've got someone to discuss it with/learn from, etc..

I joined a fitness challenge 6 weeks ago with a local newspaper and I'm down 17 lbs, but looking for some new motivation (hence buying the games). Somehow I managed to pack on about 40 lbs. in 3 years Mad so I am anxious to get back to my happy place.

I am taking my son and daughter and their friends to Panama City for Spring Break, so that is my current inspiration to get with the program. I want to be able to hang out at the pool without a towel wrapped around me the whole time lol!
Thank you all for your posts; I think I have read just about everything on the site now!

Angela
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty Welcome

Post  dancerpeg Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:59 am

Be fit with the wii this is a great place to chat and to get answers. Welcome Prism68. What a fantasic goal you have for yourself.. Going to Panama City and warm sun. Question what is that (sun) sunny I'm in Washington and I getting tired of our long winter here. I'm ready for the sun, warm weather and the great outdoors.

Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty Re: Happy to find you all!

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:36 am

Hi there. Thanks for coming aboard. sunny
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaW Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Welcome from another Newbie (I just joined yesterday). My 19 yr. old daughter is also enjoying using my WiiFit too! Best wishes to you with making your goals and I envy you your upcoming trip. It's been pretty cold and snowy here in the North East!
BrendaW
BrendaW
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty Thanks!

Post  prism68 Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
I did my first 'real' workout with My Fitness Coach today and oh...my...goodness Shocked

Maya is tough! I've been playing around on the Wii Fit for 3 or 4 days, but MFC is a whole new ballgame. I am feeling every bit of it tonight. I only did 30 minutes with a cardio focus (that jumping jacks test was hilariously horrible!! No wonder she recommended cardio for me!), but it was hard. I have been doing a workout video for about 3 weeks, but I am REALLY out of shape when it comes to cardio.

I was already fussing at her; I'm glad tomorrow is an 'off' day for me so I can recover, lol.

I really enjoy reading everyone's progress posts, by the way!

Angela
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Another new member, welcome! Very Happy

prism68 wrote:
I did my first 'real' workout with My Fitness Coach today and oh...my...goodness Shocked

I'm a big fan of MFC. Your initial reaction isn't that different from those of us here that have it as well. lol!

Maya is tough, but good. Don't let her bully you, but instead be the bully. Show her what you've got! Cool

(Once you get used to the moves and the timing, it gets better. )
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty good to know

Post  prism68 Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:13 pm

I am glad to hear it gets better!
I do think I'll love it, but I really wasn't prepared for what I got... it's a GOOD thing though Smile (if she doesn't kill me, that is!)
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:28 pm

After my first painful experience with Maya, I really, really cringed when I thought about putting her on for a second day of torture, especially since I could hardly walk. But, as I've gone on, I've become kinda chummy with the gal. I look forward to MFC now and even miss her on off days. I really enjoy having a step platform as it adds a lot of variety to the routines, despite the fact that I feel pretty clumsy on a lot of them.

I'd be willing to bet that you'd be able to shame me on MFC in a couple of weeks. Embarassed
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:54 pm

By the way, angela, I love the avatar. Laughing
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty Welcome!!

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:49 am

MFC is a burner. I have begun to mix some of my own things when I can't continue with what she asks. It is so good to be sore again. Glad you found us.
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty mixing it up

Post  prism68 Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 am

Keith: I am going to get a step at some point, but I looked at the one Steph posted the link to and I didn't realize they cost so much! I've sunk so much money into this Wii (the kids had to have the whole guitar, drum set up thing, too) that I'm going to wait on yard sales to find one Smile Does Maya seem to incorporate it much if you list it in your equipment?

FitMonkey:
Thank you, I found that avatar looking for 'teacher' ones Smile I decided it would be my own personal self-esteem mantra, lol.

Oceanrun:
What things are you doing to mix it up? Do you mean marching in place or similar? When Maya was on an extended hopping fetish, I just marched for a while so I wouldn't have a heart attack lol!
prism68
prism68
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:08 am

Does Maya seem to incorporate it much if you list it in your equipment?

She does it much more than with the dumbbells, at least for me. And, of course, on things like the V-step, you can just do it if you choose.

And, yes, I was shocked at the prices as well. I always thought they'd be $20-30. Waiting for a garage sale sounds like a good idea.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Back to top Go down

Happy to find you all! Empty Mix It

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:39 pm

When she has us do hopping in place followed by jumping jacks and my knees start to ache I will go into a stretch putting my hands on the floor, Raising and lowering my arms in an isotonic flex. When she keeps us up and down on the floor I stay on the floor or standing and continue something related but I don't always try to do exactly what she says. I find some of what is suggested is advanced level. Like sun salutation as a beginning pose. That is advanced and people have been hurt doing what they think is easy just because it's yoga. Like, "girls do it so it must not be strenuous", Bull.
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  minidinosaur Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:24 pm

welcome welcome!Smile u are doing well. oready lost 17lbs.Smile
minidinosaur
minidinosaur
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down