Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG My arms are SORE!!

3 posters

Go down

OMG My arms are SORE!! Empty OMG My arms are SORE!!

Post  SmokeoneFTW Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Wow.

I got this game the day before yesterday like I said previously.

The 1st work out I did was an overall cardio I do believe.

There was a part In the routine where I was using the weights & now my arms are sore as HELL! Shocked

I think 20lbs hand weights are a bit to much lol.

I went to the pharmacy today and told the pharmacist what happened to me. He said that when starting to work out not to overdue it because the body isnt used to that kind of activity..to start out light. I ended up buying some ointment you rub on your arms and some pain-reliever that I'm MIGHT be allergic to. lol

Just a warning yall..dont overdue It

SmokeoneFTW
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

OMG My arms are SORE!! Empty Crap..I wanted this Under "My Fitness Coach"

Post  SmokeoneFTW Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 pm

grrrr

SmokeoneFTW
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

OMG My arms are SORE!! Empty Re: OMG My arms are SORE!!

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:13 pm

This is one of the problems with MFC. You have no idea what exercises you're going to have to do, so you have no idea what weight to use for hand weights.

I'm fortunate enough to have hand weights of 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 pounds. But they're in the basement and I use MFC upstairs. I sure as heck ain't carrying my whole weight rack up every time I exercise. (even just the 5 - 30 lbs). That would be enough exercise for the day in itself. (I also have to bring up the step)

But after using the game for over a month now, I think I've found a good compromise so far. If I'm just doing cardio, I'll just bring the 8's up. Most of the strength training for me in the cardio session is leg work without weights, with just a few plie movements with shoulder exercises and maybe some bicep. 8's seem ok for that, and it's supposed to be cardio only anyway.

If I do an upper body workout, I'll bring up the 8's and the 15's. I'll use the 8's when no weight is called for adn the 15's when weights are required. 15 is still too light for some of the exercises, but what am I supposed to do?

I still haven't done a lot of non-cardio exercise on MFC, so I don't have it quite figured out yet. It's certainly frustrating.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:06 am

After last night's workout, I realized even the 8's are a little heavy for some of the shoulder work, so I had to run downstairs to get the 5's.

I wound up having the 5's, 8's, and 15's with me. Maybe I should just bring the whole weight rack up. Rolling Eyes
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  rainessa Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 am

I dont worry too much about the weights just use some small 3/5/8 pound dumbbells for the wii games. I follow a separate weight lifting program, so the wii and other exercise times dont need heavy weights, just a tad for an increased heart rate.
rainessa
rainessa
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum