Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FitMonkey Log

+3
Oceanrun
dancerpeg
FitMonkey
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FitMonkey Log Empty FitMonkey Log

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I guess I should start one of these too. I started exercising again in September 2008, so this will only log from today forward. Well, yesterday actually. I'll always be 1 day behind.

Wednesday Feb. 5.

Morning Weigh-In: 183 *I weigh in before I eat or drink anything

Food: Ate ok. No snacks. Had greasy fajitas for dinner because we went out and they were on sale. Only water with dinner.

Exercise: Ran on Treadmill for 20 min.

I run in intervals, which I learned from the Body for Life program I did about 8-9 years ago (with great results). Each minute I ran at a different speed. Here are the speeds by minute:

4.0 x 2 (warmup walk)
(5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0) x 4
4.0 - end 20 min
3.0 x 3 (cooldown)

Then I watched LOST, ate a zone perfect bar, and went to bed. Smile
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

FitMonkey Log Empty Re: FitMonkey Log

Post  FitMonkey Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 am

Thursday Feb. 5

Morning Weigh-In: 184

Food: Ate ok. No snacks. Had the left over greasy fajitas for lunch, but ate all the guac. and cheese last night so none was left. Dinner was not the best (chicken encheladas), but I ate less to compensate (I don't pick the meals Very Happy). I've really tried to cut back on calories this week because I hit a weight plateu. It seems to be working so far. Of course, I'll probably pig out this weekend. Rolling Eyes

Exercise: Two 30 minute sessions on Wii My Fitness Coach. First was cardio, second was Upper body. Maya was evil tonight and gave me several of my least favorite exercises in both sessions (out out in in, shuffles).
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 am

Friday Feb. 6

Morning Weigh-In: 182

Eating:
The day started off great. Then I ruined it all with pizza and beer at night. Lots of beer.

Exercise: I managed to squeek in a 30 minute cardio session on My Fitness Coach.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:44 am

Saturday Feb. 7

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Free day!

Exercise: Free day! Nothing.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:47 am

Sunday Feb. 8

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Not so good today.

Exercise: 1 Hour upper body workout. Dumbells with chest press, shoulder press, rows, over-head tricep, and curls. Rawr!

Chest Press: 40x12, 50x10, 60x8, 70x6, 60x12 - butterfly 30x12
Shoulder Press: 25x12, 30x10, 40x8, 50x6, 40x12 - side raise 10x12
Bent over Row: 30x12, 40x10, 50x8, 60x6, 50x12
Tricep Overhead: 15x12, 20x10, 25x8, 30x6, 25x12 - laying extension 20x12
Curl: 15x12, 20x10, 25x8, 30x6, 25x12 - hammer curl 15x12
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am

Monday Feb. 9

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: I ate well today and fairly low calorie. I guess I was trying to make up for the weekend. Zone perfect bar for breakfast. 2 cups of coffee. 6" Subway sub lunch. Pasta and salad for dinner. ZP bar before bed.

Exercise: One hour Cardio session on My Fitness Coach. Maya had grapevines on the brain and gave me at least 10 sets. I felt pretty good for most of this session, but really started pooping out at the end. Maya kicked my butt.

I followed up with 15 minutes of MFC Yoga to stretch while I was still warm. Most of the positions were very familiar to Wii Fit users, with some subtle variation. It's been almost a week since my last yoga, so it felt good to stretch again finally. Smile
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Tuesday Feb. 10

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was ok today. Then I went and drank some beer at night and screwed up.

Exercise: Tonight I pulled out the DVD that came with my step. I couldn't keep up. Evil or Very Mad The whole session was learning new moves. By the time I finally caught on to one move, she was on to another move.

She was kicking to the right, I was stepping to the left. She was circling the step to the left, I was tripping over the step on the right. She was straddling the board doing something funky, I was standing there like a dope trying to figure out what she was doing because the camera was on her face and not on her feet!

I got 30 minutes in before I turned it off. I wasn't very happy - which might explain the beer lapse. Some day I might try the video again.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Wednesday Feb. 11

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was ok today. Then I went and drank some beer at night and screwed up. Again.

Exercise: Together, my wife and I did a 30 minute cardio Group Workout on My Fitness Coach (we both get our credit). It was kind of fun doing it together, though we almost crashed into one another a couple of times! Laughing We decided not to use the step because one of us would have had to go without.

The Group Workout was launched from my wife's account, so the exercise routine followed the program set up for her profile. Her focus is Upper Body while mine is weight loss. So, the cardio section of the workout was pretty similar, but just a hair more difficult. The cardio portion was also shorter than mine normally are. The training section of the workout was all upper body stuff, while most of mine are lower body. I was pretty happy about not having to do lunge / squat cominations!

It was interesting to see how different the workouts can be from profile to profile. It seems everyone will have a different experience with MFC based on how they set up their account. Pretty interesting stuff!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

FitMonkey Log Empty Keep it up Fitmonkey!!

Post  dancerpeg Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Congrats on working out together with your wife.Smile Well when I did My Fitness Coach it work my behind off. I was really sweating and giving it my all. I like it better then Jillians fitness. I also went out a purchase a heart montior for me so I can keep my heart rate in the fat burning zone. I have done my work out everyday since I got the Wii-Fit and loving every moment. I hope I can keep up with it for months to come.
Well I will check on you tomorrow to see how you did. Keep up the good work you both can do it. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks, peg! Smile

Thursday Feb. 12

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was good today. Probably because I ran out of beer! Very Happy

Exercise: Squeeked in a 30 minute cardio workout on My Fitness Coach before my wife commandeered the tv to watch her show. Unfortunately, the only time I have to exercise is after the kids go to bed. So, if somethings on tv that night, I need to jump on as soon as I can.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Friday the 13th affraid

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Free Day! jocolor

Exercise: Free Day! jocolor

It's Saturday as I write this. My wife is upstairs crashing around on MFC. I hear,

"Boom, Boom, Boom! - Boom, Boom Boom!"

Ah, she must have been doing the V-Step! Razz
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Saturday Feb. 14 I love you

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was so-so today.

Exercise: Did a similar upper body workout like last week. It takes about 1 hour to complete. I think next weekend I'll change the exercises up, since I've been doing these since the new year.

ETA: I forgot I did a 15 minute Yoga session (MFC) with my wife.

Last edited by FitMonkey on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:53 am

Sunday Feb. 15

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was good today.

Exercise: 45 minutes Cardio workout on Wii My Fitness Coach. During a temporary lapse of sanity, I told Maya "No Sweat" when she asked how difficult each segment was. Maya confirmed that she'll make the next workout tougher. I'll find out next time if that was a good thing to do or not. I finished up with a 15 minute Yoga session while I was still warm.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Monday Feb. 16

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was good today. Then I blew it all with beer again at night. No more beer until free day! Evil or Very Mad

Exercise: I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes, similar to the last time I ran. I was watching a DVD and listening to my wife's ipod, so I was totally distracted. This was one of my best runs in a long time. I might even bump up the speed next time a bit.

It sure does get easier to run as the weight comes off. I remembered when I started exercising last September 20 pounds heavier. It would be like running now with a 20 pound plate strapped on my back. OOF! pale
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:06 am

Tuesday Feb. 17

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was ok today.

Exercise: I did not want to exercise tonight. At. All. Fortunately I also feel somehow accountable to my friends here at our Wii Fit Forum Wink, so I knew I had to do something, but I didn't have the heart to go "all out".

I did a 30 minute "Core" workout on MFC. The first 10 minutes were warm-up aerobics. The next 5 minutes were leg exercises with some shoulder work thrown in Question . The last 15 minutes were ab work. Maya killed me! Bicycles, crunches, some twisty things, planks, and side crunches. My abs were crunched!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Wednesday Feb. 18

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: Eating was good today.

Exercise: 45 minute Cardio workout on My Fitness Coach. Since I told Maya "No Sweat" 2 days ago, I did notice an increase in difficulty. During several portions (especially after 2 consecutive sets of knee ups) I was breathing pretty heavily, but luckily these periods were followed by less intense exercises that allowed me to catch my breath. Overall, I'm glad I bumped up the difficulty. Take that Maya! Razz
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:25 am

Thursday Feb. 19

Morning Weigh-In:
181 - Hit a lower low. Smile

Eating: Eating was good today. Then spoiled a good day with beer at night. Broke my pledge.Crying or Very sad

Exercise: I didn't want to exercise tonight again. But I'd rather take a Friday off, so I did it anyway. Ran 20 minutes on the treadmill. Upped my speed by 0.2 and did fine. Speeds by minute (miles per hour):

4.2 x 2
(5.7, 6.2, 6.7, 7.2) x 4
4.2 - end 20 minutes
3.0 x 3 cooldown

According to the treadmill, I ran 2.2 miles and burned 260 calories.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Friday Feb. 20

Morning Weigh-In:
180 Shocked

Eating: I'll take my eating free day on Saturday. I ate ok today.

Exercise: Free Day! geek Was exhausted from work this week and went to bed early.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Saturday Feb. 21

Morning Weigh-In:
183 (back to reality)

Eating: Free day! geek

Exercise: Upper body dumbell workout. I changed things up this week. Will do this for a while.

Chest Butterfly: 25 x 12, 30 x 10, 40 x 8, 50 x 6, 40 x 12 + chest press 50 x 12
Shoulder Butterfly: 10 x 12, 15 x 10, 20 x 8, 25 x 6, 20 x 12 + front raises 10 x 12
Reverse Grip Pull ups: 8 , 8 , 8 + bent over rows 50 x 12
Laying Tricep Extension: 15 x 12, 20 x 10, 25 x 8, 30 x 6, 25 x 12 + seated overhead extention 15 x 12
Alternating Curl: 15 x 12, 20 x 10, 25 x 8, 30 x 6, 25 x 12 + hammer curl 15 x 12
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

FitMonkey Log Empty Life is real

Post  Oceanrun Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:16 am

Ups and downs all work out in the long run. My wii graph is all up and down but out at a month the curve is lowering and I'm good with that. I sure do have those gain days.
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:02 am

I'm breaking into (weight) territory I haven't been in a very long time. I really can't believe it.

That 180 pound day, the scale actually read 179.6 pounds. I couldn't believe it. The 170's seemed so out of reach when I was at 205 pounds. It all started with Wii Fit.

My pants are looser. My belt is getting tighter. I might need to buy new clothes soon. Very Happy
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:22 am

Sunday Feb. 22

Morning Weigh-In:
forgot to get on the scale

Eating: Eating was only so-so today.

Exercise: Boy was I sore today from yesterday's exercise. I think it was the pull ups.

30 minute core workout on MFC. The last 15 minutes were ab work. Crikey that was tough today!
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

FitMonkey Log Empty FitMonkey

Post  dancerpeg Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 am

You are just excited as I was to hit the 190's. Congrat's on your current weight loss. Well keep up the good workouts and we will all see your progress soon. Peg
dancerpeg
dancerpeg
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  David Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Awesome progress...........keep up the hard work.
David
David
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Very Happy

Monday Feb. 23

Morning Weigh-In:

Eating: I ate well today.

Exercise: 45 minute cardio workout on MFC. According to Maya, I burned about 280 calories.

Finished up with a 15 minute MFC yoga session.
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next