Wii Fit Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Combining" exercises

+3
SmokeoneFTW
MansfieldBuckeye
LisaB
7 posters

Go down

"Combining" exercises Empty "Combining" exercises

Post  LisaB Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Mansfield asked about this in another post. For example, if you just completed the Palm Tree yoga pose, a message comes up suggesting you combine it with the Triceps Extension exercise for a complete workout. The truth is, you don't really "combine" them, you simply do both of them separately and therefore you have done a good workout for your triceps by doing them both. I sure do wish you could simply click on the one that they recommend & go straight to it, instead of going thru all the screens again to get to it. I'm hoping that if there is a Wii Fit 2, that is a improvement they will make. Even better would be the option to do about 10 exercises, that you choose, in a row without all the delays in between.
LisaB
LisaB
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

"Combining" exercises Empty Re: "Combining" exercises

Post  MansfieldBuckeye Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks Lisa! I do wish that it aloud for easier flow to keep the heart going to get an aerobic workout. Are there any hints for routines/weekly schedules that people have used?

MansfieldBuckeye
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeoneFTW Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm

"I do wish that it aloud for easier flow to keep the heart going to get an aerobic workout."

Youll want My Fitness Coach for this.

it goes from 1 workout to the next w/ almost no-pause

SmokeoneFTW
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MansfieldBuckeye Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 pm

I am very intrigued by My Fitness Coach. I might look into that to split my time between the two--maybe this will also help in not allowing my workouts to get stale so that I stick with it. I enjoy my workouts, but variety might be good.

MansfieldBuckeye
Breaking a Sweat
Breaking a Sweat

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  FitMonkey Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 am

Yes, variety is good! It's easy to get bored at doing the same thing and lose interest.

Plus, it's good for the body so you don't get used to doing the same thing.

There are a lot of great ways to exercise the body. The great thing about both Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach is that you can tell them that you exercised outside of the game so they don't yell at you if you miss a workout. Very Happy

Finally, the best benefit I've experienced to having different ways of exercising:

Rather than mentally struggling with whether I should exercise or not throughout the day, now I'm struggling with what type of exercise to do for the day. Having variety has changed the question from Do or Don't to "What should I do today".

Variety is good! Very Happy
FitMonkey
FitMonkey
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithA39 Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 pm

I agree, FitMonkey.

First, I think Wii Fit is the greatest doorway leading off the couch I've ever experienced. Gradual...at your own pace...variety.

But, My Fitness Coach takes it to a different level and really is just a different animal. I'll tell you my quads really hurt after doing it for the first time a week or so ago. In that sense, it can be a bit intimidating for some at first. Still, I'm now used to it and don't get sore anymore, while knowing that I've been through a good workout. By the way, I just love the core and flexibility programs on My Fitness Coach as well.

The graphics and music are, imo, lacking, however.

Still, I have so much trouble staying with a program that the varied programs and activities with the Wii software and other equipment around the house will keep things much fresher.

Besides, each thing I own seems to work my body in different ways. As an example, I could never do my arms as well as dumbbells, nor could I do intervals as well on my other stuff as my trusted spincycle. In the end, things can be kept not only more interesting with the variety, but you can have a more rounded regimen.

I have things that I will try to do every week, but other things can be more pick and choose.
KeithA39
KeithA39
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

"Combining" exercises Empty Tread it

Post  Oceanrun Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Along with combining in wii I have finished several workouts with 20 or 30 minutes walking on our treadmill for a cool down and calorie burn that does not strain more on muscles that are already yelling at me. This wii is such a good thing to combine with other activity, I'm thrilled.
Oceanrun
Oceanrun
Burning up the Wii
Burning up the Wii

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

"Combining" exercises Empty Wii Fit run on the treadmill

Post  abaker39 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:21 pm

FWIW - When I got My Fitness Coach, my hubby decided to buy a new Wii for the workout space in the basement, so I wouldn't drag all my equipment up to the family room Very Happy

This gave me an opportunity to try something I've wanted to do for a while. I tried the Wii Fit run on the treadmill & it seemed to work pretty well. I'm not sure that the Wii and the treadmill will agree on what I did (I forgot to check), but I think it beats running in place.

Has anyone else tried this?

abaker39
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down